Looking for Visual Argument Essay Examples: Tips & Tricks
A visual paper uses photos, pictures, and drawings to make a statement. That statement is usually a comment or society and an action. The picture or visual is relative to the topic. It acts as an inspiration for your paper. For example, the paper may be about the dangers of smoking and the photo may be a picture of a cancerous lung. Or the essay may be about the importance of going green and the visual would be a picture of a trash dump. This style of writing is strong and makes a strong statement. There are a few hints and recommendations to help you write the best visual composition you can.
Tips & Tricks
- Pick a topic which is argumentative or controversial-your paper will be easier to write, you will get a strong reaction, and the accompanying visual will be easy to find
- When the teacher provides the photo-try to look at both sides of the topic and of with the one that evokes the strongest response
- Use strong nouns and not a lot of adjectives or adverbs-let you nouns do the hard work in your paper, use describe active word choices
- Tell a story-take the picture and weave a story which includes the ideas you want to convey to your audience
- Facts will be needed-while you may paint a passionate and emotional essay, you still need to include facts and data as support for your topic
- Beyond third person-you teacher may let you use first person for this essay, just ask him or her, generally this style of paper is a bit more informal
- Be ready to read it out loud-many teachers like for style of paper to be read out loud, so practice reading it a few time. You will need to show the class your visual, as well.
- Timed-some teachers use this format for timed essays. The whole class may be shown the same paper and expected to write the paper in a class period. If that happens be ready to run with one of the first ideas that pops in your head.
Need help with Visual Argument Essay? Ask essay experts at JustWriteMyEssay.com and keep calm ;)
Students and teachers both ted to like this type of essay. The compositions pack a punch and are usually very interesting to read or to listen to in class. Use the above tips to help you write an A paper the next time you teacher assigns this style of writing.