List of Great Persuasive Essay Topics for Junior High School Students
Junior high school students should have fun while studying or they might become resentful and dislike the process of education in general. Written assignments are your best chance to really enjoy yourself in school, so choose the topics carefully. When you need to create a persuasive essay without any specific prompts, you can write about anything you really like.
However, do not forget that every academic paper must be educational in some way. You need to introduce some new ideas or original arguments in order to really make an impression on both teachers and peers. Here are some suggestions of interesting persuasive essay topics for junior high students:
- Attending state colleges should be free for in-state residents.
- A year of community service should be mandatory for all American citizens.
- Taking at least one foreign language course should be mandatory for all students.
- Students shouldn’t wear uniforms.
- Students should be allowed to use their smartphones in class.
- Schools should be prohibited to sell candy and sugary drinks.
- Gym grades shouldn’t affect the grade point average.
- School textbooks should be replaced with e-books.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be allowed to have a driver’s license.
- Parent’s shouldn’t pay children for good grades.
When you develop your arguments on this topic, be sure to consider the financial part of the issue and calculate how this will affect the state’s economy as a whole.
How will this affect using community service as a form of punishment for minor offenses?
How will this help people in life? Does forcing children to study a subject interfere with their personal freedom?
Explain how uniforms affect personality development. Use some historic examples to prove your point.
Why is it necessary? Will this make children even more dependent on the gadgets? How can teachers make sure that their students actually use the devices for work and not to slack off during class?
Explain the negative health effects and importance of healthy eating. Offer a program that will educate children about the aforementioned issues.
Provide some statistical facts to prove that this is extremely unfair towards children who don’t lead active lifestyles. Do some calculations on real life examples to prove your point.
How will children from low-income families afford this? What kind of effect this will have on the printing industry as a whole? How will this help children study?
How will this help to solve the problem of illegal immigration? Will this reduce the number of traffic accidents or have the opposite effect?
Explain how this affects the child’s personality development and moral values.